There are many possibilities for your reception table configuration, depending on your vision and the number of seated dinner guests. We can also add serving tables for a buffet meal, if desired. Sample configurations are provided here for:
Preferred Caterer at The Douglas Beach House
Welcome your guests with some delicious and unique and time honored, stationed and passed appetizers. We are partnered with many coastal farms and we strive to source locally whenever possible. Please note that due to seasonal availability, we may need to recommend a suitable substitution should it be necessary. Again our goal is to bring you and your guests the highest quality, freshest ingredients that the coast can offer!
Begin your event with some lovely hors d’oeuvres. You might choose 2-3 stationed appetizers and a selection of passed appetizers.
Sample Stationed Appetizers
- Artisan Cheese Board & Charcuterie – Coppa, Salami, Jamon, Prosciutto, Italian Ham, House Marinated Olives, Toasted Spiced Nuts, Dried & Fresh Fruit, Rustic Breads & Crackers
- Flat Bread Pizza with Caramelized Shallots
- Smoked Fish Pate with Local, Baby Vegetables
- Tempura Battered Zucchini Blossoms Stuffed with Crab-Saffron Ailoi
- Creamy Gorgonzola, Pear & Walnuts Crostini with Roasted Eggplant, Sun-dried Tomato & Olive Tapenade
- Antipasto- Imported Cheeses, Olives, Sliced Italian Meats, Baguettes, Crackers & Breadsticks
Sample Passed Appetizers
- Miniature ‘2 bite’ Crepes with Mascarpone, Lemon Zest & Asparagus Tip
- Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Local Goat Cheese
- Grilled Polenta with Wild Mushroom Ragout & Rosemary Roast Leg of Lamb
- Black Bean & Corn Empanadas
- Edamame Pot Stickers with Coconut Red Curry
- Petit Lobster Clubs on Brioche Toast with Bacon, Tomato and Micro Greens
- Markegard Rare Roast Beef with Mini Yorkshire Puddings & Creamed Horseradish
- Spicy Shrimp Fritters with Lime Cilantro Aioli
- Pulled Pork Sliders with Chipotle Cheddar Sauce
- Miniature Caramelized Onion & Gruyere Galette
- Char Sui Pork with Spring Onion & Ginger on a Sweet Corn Fritter
Following your delicious appetizers you may choose a salad and main course such as from one of the following menus.
Sample Buffet Menu
- Charred Romaine, Bagna Cauda, Parmigiano Reggiano & Crusty Bread
- Mixed Grill – Markegard Beef (Filet Mignon, Rib-Eye, NY Strip)
- Grilled Striped Bass Ceviche Style
- Ratatouille Bayildi
- Potatoes Boulanger, Chimichurri
- Artisan Breads
Sample Plated Menu
- Starting with a Classic Caesar Salad with House Made Rustic Croutons
- Grilled Marinated Skirt Steak with Chimichurri
- Catch of the Day-Whole Baked Fish in Banana Leaves with Citrus, Fennel & Arugula
And including Crispy Fingerlings with Point Reyes Blue Cheese Crema & Scallion
- Hand Made Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage, Brown Butter & Toasted Hazelnuts with a touch of Nutmeg
- Grilled & Roasted Seasonal Vegetables
- A Selection on Freshly Baked Artisan Breads
- Starting with a Sicilian Salad- Wild Arugula, Mixed Greens, Fresh Herbs, Tomatoes, Shaved Fennel Cara Cara Oranges and Citrus Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Wine Braised Beef Short Ribs over Yukon Gold Mashed Pototoes
- Herb Crusted, Pan Seared Salmon with Shallot, Wine, & Caper Sauce
- Penne with Artichoke Bottoms, Herbs, Fire Roasted Heirloom Tomatoes, Roasted Garlic & Shaved Parmesan
- Sweet Potato and Roasted Poblano Gratin
- Seasonal Market Vegetable Platters, Grilled & Roasted
- A Selection on Freshly Baked Artisan Bread
A Sweet Ending
It would be our pleasure to serve your wedding cake along with coffee & tea without an additional fee. Please let us know if you are interested in having us provide your wedding cake or a dessert buffet for something special!
We are open to our guests providing their own selection of beer, wine & champagne from the vineyard, brewery or store of your choice. We do however require that one of our bartenders be responsible to serve your guests if you are using Event Savvy as your caterer. Otherwise you are required to hire a licensed bartender or a bartender through another approved caterer.
CONTACT Event Savvy for more information..
Our preferred caterer is Event Savvy, which features seasonal and organic farm to table cuisine. Joy and her team will customize your menu and oversee every detail to ensure that your day is unique and wonderful. The Event Savvy design team will bring your vision to life and arrange for additional items from specialty linens to elegant or rustic table settings to alternate tables or chairs to create your ideal ambiance.
CONTACT Event Savvy for more information..